When you, the customer, agree to purchase DriverNavigator.com software, we may collect limited personally identifying information. This information, including your name, address, and email address is necessary to record and fulfill the minimum requirements of a transaction. If and when we use a payment processing merchant, we take pains to ensure that the same security measures are in place regarding the transaction of data with that merchant. We do not ever knowingly collect personal data from any person or persons under the age of eighteen.
- They are of a limited duration
- They are less than 5KB in length
- They are only visible to DriverNavigator.com
- They are devoid of any personally identifying information
- They are not unique to a given computer
To safeguard personally identifying information, we store all transaction records in limited access servers, safeguarded by encrypted access. We do this to protect the security of personal data as well as that of the servers themselves. We retain the personally identifying information only long enough to complete a purchase, to deter fraud, to provide customer service, and/or to maintain your account with us.
How Information Is Used When Collected
We may use information in the following ways:
- To enable us to process, validate and verify purchases.
- To registry you as a customer of DriverNavigator, a process that facilitates our opening and maintaining a customer support account on your behalf.
- To send email notifications about existing or new products and services. Emails are additionally sent to notify you of special offers and to contact you to reconfirm of verify (if needed) the accuracy of provided information.
- To obtain your feedback to help enhance existing features or provide additional products and services.
We may disclose and use personally identifying information in special circumstances where doing so is necessary to enforce our service agreements. For instance, we may invoke this disclosure if doing so will help us protect our intellectual property rights. Hereto, we may also disclose or use your personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires us to do so. We do not sell or distribute any personally identifying information to third parties for advertising purposes or outside the bounds outlined in this policy statement.
What Information Driver Navigator Collects
The Driver Navigator Software does not collect any personally identifying information from your computer. Upon un-installation, Driver Navigator does not leave any active or executable data on a customer's computer.
Once installed, your copy of Driver Navigator will routinely check in with our server to receive updates to its threat database. The only data value transmitted to the server at this time is the current version of the installed software. By default the updates are retrieved after a notification confirming that an update is available.